Thursday, September 07, 2006

make resolutions

Most of us make resolutions on a New Year’s Eve, because a new year is a mile marker of a lifetime and we want to be in control of our path while we travel on it. I used to make New Year’s resolutions every year, and sometimes not being able to carry them out, I ended up feeling discouraged and disappointed in myself.

The problem was, I set too high a goal to achieve and I expected too much of me. When I look back, I see that the younger and the more inexperienced I was, the grander were my goals. After stopping to make resolutions for a few years, I came across a workable way to handle my resolutions.

Most of us understand a New Year’s resolution to mean “firmness of purpose.” Now, there is nothing wrong in being firm in our purpose as long as we know we have the capacity to achieve what we set out for. Another thing is to be flexible and to remember not to beat on ourselves as if we have failed in everything totally, should life twist and turn and things do not go our way. After all, one goal unattained or one incomplete resolution is not a major loss in one’s entire lifetime.

| make resolutions

0 Comments about make resolutions:

Post a Comment

<< Desirability of Opening a Business